September 29, 2022
Central Public Health Center
111 N County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
$50.00 Payment is due 48 hours prior to the class date
Pediatric Physical Assessment Training
Thursday, September 29, 2022
To refine PHN physical examination skills used in assessing the health, growth and development of infants and children from birth to 2 years. Please view this video prior to the day of the training:
- Developing rapport while assessing general appearance; Cultural considerations; “Quiet to Active” approach to exam.
- Vital Signs and Pain Assessment in infants and toddlers
- Newborns: Assessments specific to neonatal period. Red flags in neonatal period.
- Body system assessment: Expected findings correlated with pediatric physiological differences from adult; normal variants; concerning variants requiring further evaluation; and abnormal findings requiring urgent medical evaluation.
- Begin with heart & lungs
- Skin & lymph nodes
- Neuro-developmental; Range of normal for milestones.
- HEENT last
- Red flags for abuse and/or neglect.
6.0 CEUs: Nurses, Counselors, Social Workers