August 5, 2021 - August 6, 2021
Register by August 2
Click here to register: https://conta.cc/3xL5e6V
111 N County Farm Road
Lower Level Conference Room #1
Wheaton, IL 60187
$140.00 Fee due 48 hours before class
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
Thursday, August 5, 2021
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid. ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, yet participants don't need formal training. ASIST receives regular updates to reflect improvements in knowledge and practice.
• Understand ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions.
• Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs.
• Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan, and the actions required to implement it.
• Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large.
• Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention, including life-promotion and self-care.
• There are 13.0 CEUs available for licensed social workers, counselors and nurses.
• $140.00 Fee due 48 hours before class