DuPage County offers community-based COVID-19 testing at the Odeum Expo Center in Villa Park. Testing is free but limited tests are available per day. This is a drive-thru testing site where individuals will give themselves a nasal swab test with instructions from staff.
Hours of Operation
The testing site is open Monday through Friday from 10 am - 6 pm
Who Should Get Tested
Anyone may get tested, regardless of symptoms or other criteria.
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status or prior infection.
- People who have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 should be tested to check for infection:
- If you are fully vaccinated you should get tested 5–7 days after your last exposure even if you don’t have symptoms. You should also wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative. You should isolate for 10 days if your test result is positive.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you should get tested immediately when you find out you are a close contact. If your test result is negative, you should get tested again 5–7 days after your last exposure or immediately if symptoms develop.
- People who are not fully vaccinated who have taken part in activities where they could not take steps to protect themselves from COVID-19 like staying at least 6 feet apart from others, travel, attending large social or mass gatherings, or being in crowded or poorly ventilated indoor settings.
Definition of Symptoms
- Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
What to Expect During Your Visit
Due to the demand for this service, we anticipate there could be significant wait times associated with these drive-thru community-based testing sites. Please be patient. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you are urged to call your doctor or emergency department to seek immediate care and instructions.
To help reduce wait times, you may pre-register prior to your visit at www.testdirectly.com. Please note, each individual being tested must create an account, a staff member will register anyone who does not have an email or who has not already created an account, and pre-registering does not hold a place in line or guarantee testing for that day.
Only people who arrive in cars will be allowed to be tested. People will need to remain seated in their car at a working window (window must go up and down). Once in line at the CBTS, you will not be permitted to exit your car. Bathrooms are not available on-site. For the safety of the testing personnel, the drive-thru sites will not accept walk-up individuals.
Absolutely no pets allowed.
Waiting for Your Results
You may use https://myresults.testdirectly.com to obtain your results using the unique key you received at the testing site. Test results are available within 4 to 7 days of your test.
As you wait for your results, if you are ill, stay in touch with your doctor. Keep in mind your symptoms may be due to another condition that requires prompt evaluation and treatment. Stay at home except for medical appointments. Call ahead before visiting your doctor. As much as possible, stay in a specific room and away from other people and pets. If you must be around other people or animals, wear a cloth face covering over your nose and mouth. For more information on how to keep you and others safe, view Stop the Spread of Germs (PDF). For Spanish, click here.
We cannot accommodate vehicles:
- With windows that do not function, that are not self-contained (e.g. convertible with top that will not close), with trailers, with a dog, with occupants that cannot sit at a window that rolls down, buses
To support privacy of those at the site, photography and video are not permitted.