The COVID-19 testing site at the DuPage County Fairgrounds will be closing permanently on October 28, 2022.
DuPage County Health Department has partnered with Curative to offer an additional community-based COVID-19 testing site at the DuPage County Fairgrounds. Testing is free and anyone can get tested regardless of symptoms. This is a drive-thru testing site where individuals will give themselves a nasal swab test with instructions from staff.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Who Should Get Tested
Anyone may get tested, regardless of symptoms or other criteria.
Testing plays a critical role in slowing the spread of COVID-19. Individuals are encouraged to get tested for the following reasons:
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms
- At least 5 days after known or suspected close contact to COVID-19
- For screening (schools, workplaces, congregate settings, etc.)
- Before and after travel
- When asked by a health care professional or public health official
Definition of Symptoms
- Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea
What to Expect During Your Visit
When demand for this service is high, we anticipate there could be significant wait times associated with these drive-thru community-based testing sites. Please be patient. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you are urged to call your doctor or emergency department to seek immediate care and instructions.
To help reduce wait times, you may pre-register prior to your visit at curative.com. Please note, pre-registering does not hold a place in line or guarantee testing for that day.
Only people who arrive in a car will be allowed to be tested. People will need to remain seated in their car at a working window (window must go up and down). Once in line at the CBTS, you will not be permitted to exit your car. Bathrooms are not available on-site. For the safety of the testing personnel, the drive-thru sites will not accept walk-up individuals.
Absolutely no pets allowed.
Waiting for Your Results
Test results are available within 1 to 2 days of your test.
As you wait for your results, if you are ill, stay in touch with your doctor. Keep in mind your symptoms may be due to another condition that requires prompt evaluation and treatment. Stay at home except for medical appointments. Call ahead before visiting your doctor. As much as possible, stay in a specific room and away from other people and pets. If you must be around other people or animals, wear a cloth face covering over your nose and mouth. For more information on how to keep you and others safe, view Stop the Spread of Germs (PDF). For Spanish, click here.
We cannot accommodate vehicles:
- With windows that do not function, that are not self-contained (e.g. convertible with top that will not close), with trailers, with a dog, with occupants that cannot sit at a window that rolls down, buses.
To support privacy of those at the site, photography and video are not permitted.