COVID-19: Stay Safe DuPage – Practice the 3 Ws
We must all do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. This includes being responsible by practicing the three Ws to protect ourselves and loved ones. The three Ws are displayed below along with more information on what they are and how to effectively practice them in our everyday lives.
WEAR A MASK
Masks may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others. They are most effective when used correctly and when most people in public settings are wearing them.
Wear Your Mask Correctly
Wear Your Mask When
- Running errands
- Visiting the doctor's office or pharmacy
- Seeking healthcare
- Dining at a restaurant (when not eating)
- In a vehicle with people who do not live in your household
- Taking public transportation
- Riding in a taxi or ride-share vehicle
- Shopping at a store
- Going into facilities like a government building
WATCH YOUR DISTANCE
Keep a safe space of at least 6 feet (about 2 arms' length) between yourself and other people who are not from your household in both indoor and outdoor spaces.
COVID-19 can spread when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks, and droplets from their mouth or nose are released into the air and land in the mouths or noses of people nearby. Since people can spread the virus before they know they are sick, it is important to stay at least 6 feet away from others when possible, even if you—or they—do not have any symptoms.
Tips for Social Distancing
- Prepare for Transportation
- Limit Contact When Running Errands
- Choose Safe Social Activities
- Keep Distance at Events and Gatherings
- Stay Distanced While Being Active
WASH YOUR HANDS
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
When to Wash Your Hands
- After you have been in a public place and touched an item or frequently touched surface, such as door handles, tables, gas pumps, shopping carts, or electronic registers/screens, etc.
- Before touching your eyes, nose, or mouth because that can allow germs to enter the body.
How to Wash Your Hands
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
|Stop the Spread of COVID-19 (PDF) |
|Social Distancing Guidelines (PDF)|
|Wearing Reusable Masks (PDF) |
Spanish (PDF), Polish (PDF)
|Quarantine vs. Isolation (PDF),|
Spanish (PDF), Polish (PDF),
Chinese (PDF), Urdu (PDF)