Face Covering Donations
The DuPage County Health Department is now accepting cloth face covering/mask donations. To donate cloth face coverings, please complete the Donation Offer Form located below on this page.
There is no universal direction on how to make cloth face masks. However, you can find instructions on the resources below:
- Sew and No Sew Instructions from CDC (PDF)
- How to Sew a Fabric Face Mask (PDF)
- JOANN Fabrics has great instructional videos and guides
- Do It Yourself Face Mask Tutorial (PDF)
For the safety of all:
- Please do not make masks if you are sick or think you might be getting sick.
- Please keep all face mask materials away from household pets.
- Be sure the area in which you are working is clean. Sanitize all surfaces with a disinfectant before making masks.
- Perform hand hygiene before touching mask materials.
- Donated masks are thoroughly laundered and sanitized before being distributed.