COVID-19: Information for Businesses/Employers and Community Leaders
Dear DuPage County Mayors, Managers, and Business Partners,
As COVID-19 activity continues in our community, to help protect the health of your employees, DCHD encourages the following COVID-19 mitigation strategies:
- Promote COVID-19 vaccinations. DCHD strongly recommends all eligible individuals to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations to help prevent hospitalizations and deaths related to COVID-19. Please continue to promote COVID-19 vaccination and boosting to your eligible staff. Visit the DCHD COVID-19 Vaccine Resources page for educational materials, information regarding our mobile vaccination clinic, and locations offering vaccination.
- Masking when it is appropriate. Employees who are COVID-19 cases or close contacts and are returning on day 6 after 5 days of isolation or quarantine respectively, should wear masks on days 6 through 10. Businesses/employers may also choose to continue to require masks for all employees and patrons (regardless of vaccination status) to adhere to prevention strategies. Businesses/employers should support anyone who chooses to wear a mask. The benefits of mask-wearing are well-established.
- Staying home when sick. Businesses should encourage employees to stay home when they are sick and seek medical care as needed, promote cough and sneeze etiquette, and hand hygiene.
- Performing routine environmental cleaning and improving ventilation. Cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces as well as increasing total airflow are strongly recommended.
Practicing these precautions at your facility will help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and prevent interruptions to your business. Businesses may also continue to apply additional public health mitigations as they deem appropriate.
For the complete DCHD business/employer communication (PDF-updated 7/18/2022), please click here.
For individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19, please click here for more information/next steps.
|IDPH: Business and Organization Guidance|
|OSHA: Protecting Workers: Mitigating and Preventing COVID-19|
COVID-19 Case and Outbreak Reporting
DCHD recommends that businesses continue to track COVID-19 cases internally and report COVID-19 cases using the COVID-19 Case Reporting Form For DuPage County Businesses. Businesses/employers need to identify and respond to outbreak activity per CDC guidance, including review and application of mitigation measures, as indicated.
To prioritize public health outreach and consultation for outbreaks, businesses/employers should contact DCHD when:
1) outbreak activity is identified, particularly large-scale (e.g., 10 or more COVID-19 outbreak-associated cases in a core group within a 14-day period) with a completed outbreak assessment questionnaire or
2) for any questions; please email [email protected] or call 630-682-7400.
Businesses/employers should ensure that notification is sent to identified close contacts when an exposure has occurred in the facility.
Mayors and Managers
COVID-19 Meeting Minutes
|February 7, 2022||March 7, 2022|