Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
Starting June, 6, 2022, the WIC program will be welcoming WIC participants back in the office!
Please contact the WIC office for further details 630-682-7400.
While supplies last we have items to give away.
- All families will receive books to take home!
- We can provide referrals and resources if needed.
- At your visit we can apply fluoride varnish to your child’s teeth to prevent tooth decay.
- We can see how your child is growing by checking your child’s height and weight.
In an effort to offer maximum flexibility to WIC participants and reduce the frustrations associated with not being able to purchase available infant formulas with WIC benefits due to specific size/type issues, Illinois is temporarily expanding issuance to additional contract brand products as well as three lines of international formula products not previously authorized to WIC clients.
|Enfamil Infant||Powder||29.4 oz|
|Enfamil NeuroPro Infant||Powder- 2 refill bags||31.4 oz|
|Enfamil NeuroPro Infant||Powder||28.3 oz|
|Enfamil NeuroPro Infant||RTU||32 oz|
|Enfamil NeuroPro Infant||Powder - 2 refill bags||36.4 oz|
|Enfamil Gentlease||Powder||27.7 oz|
|Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease||Powder- 2 refill bags||30.4 oz|
|Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease||Powder||27.4 oz|
|Enfamil ProSobee||Powder||20.9 oz|
|Enfamil AR||Powder- 2 refill bags||30.4 oz|
|Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease||RTU||32 oz|
|Bubs Organic||Powder||28.19 oz|
|Bubs Supreme||Powder||28.19 oz|
|Bubs Goat Milk||Powder||28.19 oz|
|Kendamil Classic||Powder||31.75 oz|
|Kendamil Organic||Powder||28.22 oz|
|Kendamil Goat Milk||Powder||28.2 oz|
|Aptamil Gold Plus||Powder||31.7 oz|
DuPage County Health Department is aware of the baby formula shortages and is advising parents and caregivers to not make or feed homemade infant formula to infants.
As formula shortages continue, WIC clients should continue to work with their child's health care provider for recommendations on other ways to feed their baby or toddler if their regular formula is not available.
Homemade Baby Formula is Not Safe
American Academy of Pediatrics and DCHD strongly advises against homemade formula. Although recipes for homemade formulas circulating on the internet may seem healthy or less expensive, they are not safe and do not meet your baby's nutritional needs. Infant deaths have been reported from use of some homemade formulas.
Learn more: Important Facts About Baby Formula -
For additional information please visit:
The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program provides nutrition education, breastfeeding support, community referrals and nutritious supplemental foods at no-cost to eligible pregnant, postpartum, or breastfeeding women, infants and children living in DuPage County.
WIC knows that good nutrition, starting with pregnancy, provides the best possible start for infants and children to grow up strong and healthy.
- Breastfeeding counseling and access to free breast pumps for those in need
- Family Case Managers work with WIC to support the health of clients and their children through clinic contacts and home visits by a public health nurse
- Free health and nutrition screenings
- Free nutrition counseling and education
- Referrals for medical care, shots, and other services
- WIC food benefits offer:
- Baby foods
- Cheese, Yogurt, Tofu
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- November 2021- December 2022 WIC families will receive a monthly increase in their cash value benefit for fruits and vegetables for every eligible mom and child.
- Iron-fortified cereal
- Legumes (dried beans and peas)
- Milk (cow's, lactose-free, soy)
- Peanut butter
- Whole grain options, such as bread, brown rice, corn tortillas or oatmeal
Breastfeeding is the recommended infant feeding choice, however, infants who are not breastfed will receive iron-fortified formula.
- Family income at 185 percent or less of the federal poverty level
- Nutritional need (determined at the first WIC appointment)
- Pregnant, breastfeeding or postpartum women, infants and children under 5 years of age
- Residents of Illinois
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. View the full non-discrimination statement (PDF).
Declaracion Completa de no Discriminacion
Esta institucion es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Ver la declaracion completa de no discriminacion (PDF).
BNFT Smart Phone App
Access your EBT card food balances
Aplicación de teléfono inteligente BNFT
Aprenda a navegar por la aplicación BNFT y acceda a los saldos de alimentos de su tarjeta EBT de WIC