Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
The DuPage County Health Department will no longer be offering WIC and Family Health Services (FHS) at the West Chicago Public Health Center (WCPHC) location.
As of 9/25/2023 WCPHC WIC and FHS clinics will be offered at the Wheaton location at 111 N County Farm Rd, or at WIC mobile events.
Visit www.dupagehealth.org/WIC-Mobile-Clinics to find WIC mobile events in your community.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call 630-682-7400.
The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program provides nutrition education, breastfeeding support, community referrals and nutritious supplemental foods at no-cost to eligible pregnant, postpartum, or breastfeeding women, infants and children living in DuPage County.
WIC knows that good nutrition, starting with pregnancy, provides the best possible start for infants and children to grow up strong and healthy.
- Breastfeeding counseling and access to free breast pumps for those in need
- Family Case Managers work with WIC to support the health of clients and their children through clinic contacts and home visits by a public health nurse
- Free health and nutrition screenings
- Free nutrition counseling and education
- Referrals for medical care, shots, and other services
- WIC food benefits offer:
- Baby foods
- Cheese, Yogurt, Tofu
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Iron-fortified cereal
- Legumes (dried beans and peas)
- Milk (cow's, lactose-free, soy)
- Peanut butter
- Whole grain options, such as bread, brown rice, corn tortillas or oatmeal
Breastfeeding is the recommended infant feeding choice, however, infants who are not breastfed will receive iron-fortified formula.
- Family income at 185 percent or less of the federal poverty level
- Nutritional need (determined at the first WIC appointment)
- Pregnant, breastfeeding or postpartum women, infants and children under 5 years of age
- Residents of Illinois
- WIC does not require proof of Citizenship or immigration status
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. View the full non-discrimination statement (PDF).
Declaracion Completa de no Discriminacion
Esta institucion es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Ver la declaracion completa de no discriminacion (PDF).
BNFT Smart Phone App
Access your EBT card food balances
Aplicación de teléfono inteligente BNFT
Aprenda a navegar por la aplicación BNFT y acceda a los saldos de alimentos de su tarjeta EBT de WIC
Last Updated: 9/25/2023