During the current COVID-19 pandemic the DuPage County Health Department Dental Clinic will only be scheduling clients with emergency or urgent dental needs on limited days and times each week. The DCHD Clinic is following CDC, IDPH and ADA mandates for what dental treatment can be safely done during the pandemic. The dentist will provide care to alleviate pain, swelling or other urgent issues. However, current treatment options are limited as many aerosolize COVID-19 and may not be available for the safety of all.
For additional information on dental care that you SHOULD have taken care of at this time, please refer to Dental Care During Illinois Stay at Home Orders. Also, learn more about Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and your Oral Health.
It is even more important now when professional dental care is limited to prevent an urgent dental issue by practicing good oral health habits.
Here are some important things to remember for good oral health:
- Brush your teeth: Should be done twice a day for two minutes with a soft-bristled brush using toothpaste with fluoride
- Cleaning your toothbrush: Rinse it with tap water to remove any remaining toothpaste and debris. Store it upright and allow it to air dry. If you store your toothbrush with other toothbrushes, make sure they are separated to prevent the spread of germs.
- Changing your toothbrush: Should be done every 3-4 months, sooner if it becomes frayed. You should also get a new toothbrush after you have been sick.
- Never share your toothbrush: Sharing a toothbrush can mean you’re also sharing germs and bacteria.
- Floss your teeth: Should be done once a day to clean between your teeth. Bacteria still linger between teeth and under the gum line where toothbrush bristles can’t reach.
- Eat a balanced diet: Limit how much and how often you have sugary foods and drinks
For clients that we had to cancel dental appointments we will be contacting you to reschedule your appointment when we are able to based on the current mandates and recommendations.
Please call 630-682-7400 if you have any urgent dental concerns.
DCHD Dental Clinic
Oral health is an important part of overall physical health. The DuPage County Health Department provides dental services for eligible children and adults at two locations. Clients must meet financial requirements and be residents of DuPage County.
Appointments are required for all dental services. To schedule a dental appointment, please call 630-682-7400 during business hours, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Services and Additional Information
- Clients must provide proof of income to determine qualifications for dental services.
- Dental Care Connections links residents to community dental providers for services at a reduced rate.
- Dental treatment and referrals are provided based on individual needs.
- If applicable, please have your Medicaid or Managed Care information ready.
- "Ready, Set, Smile" is a monthly clinic for children 0 to 5 years old and children with special healthcare needs.
- Services are not free, however, low-cost fees are charged.