Child and Adolescent Services
We believe that families and youth are equal partners in identifying and developing treatment goals. The needs, strengths, beliefs, and culture of families and youth determine what services are provided. Specifically, we believe in providing services that are:
- Culturally and linguistically responsive
The goal of Child and Adolescent Services is to strengthen the functioning of families by assisting a child or adolescent with severe emotional problems. Programming is intended to be intensive, short-term, and inclusive of family members and appropriate community providers.
Screening, Assessment and Support Services (SASS)
SASS provides services for children and adolescents who may be in crisis and in need of inpatient hospitalization or intensive community-based services.
Program eligibility is determined by CARES 800-345-9049. This is a 90-day program consisting of community-based services to aid in stabilization and linkage to appropriate outpatient services post-crisis.
- Intake Criteria:
- Primary needs are behavioral health-related.
- Youth has been involved in hospital-based psychiatric treatment or juvenile detention in the past six months.
- Insurance accepted: Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care.
Some of the services available include:
- Assistance with Individual Care Grant (ICG) application
- A comprehensive assessment of needs and strengths
- Consultation to schools and other youth-serving organizations
- Crisis intervention
- Family, group and/or individual counseling
- An individualized, person-centered treatment plan
- Linkage to community resources
- Parent education and support
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management by a child psychiatrist or Advanced Practice Nurse for children and adolescents who are participating in counseling
- Service coordination with other agencies/facilities serving youth
- Services for the mentally ill/substance abusing individual