Free CME Event
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Time: 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. (healthy breakfast included)
Location: Medinah Shriners, 550 Shriners Dr, Addison, IL 60101 (near I-355 and Army Trail Rd)
Cost: Free and includes breakfast, but registration is limited
CME: A maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM
The Summit will offer a wealth of information on preventing and treating obesity. All healthcare providers are welcome to attend. After attending this program, participants should be able to:
• Describe why/how to communicate more effectively about patient overweight or obesity based on the patient's culture, ethnicity and socioeconomic status.
• Identify the need for and how to take a multidisciplinary approach to address patient overweight or obesity.
• Discuss why/how to become an advocate for widespread change in the pediatric overweight/obese population.
Local clinical and community resource providers for pediatric overweight or obese patients will be present to share information about their programs.
For an overview flyer of the event, click here.
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Edward Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Illinois State Medical Society (ISMS) through a joint providership of Edward Hospital and the DuPage County Health Department. Edward Hospital is accredited by ISMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AGENDA AND PRESENTERS
7:00 am - 7:30 am
Registration, Breakfast & Resource Fair
7:30 am - 8:30 am
Communicating Effectively Across Cultures
• REGINALD WASHINGTON, MD, FAAP, FACC, FAHA - Chief Medical Officer, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
• ROMINA GIESEMAN, CPNP - Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Health Associates
8:30 am - 9:30 am
Collaborating Across Disciplines
• DAVID DUNGAN, MD, FAAP, FACP - Pediatrician and Internist, DuPage Medical Group
• COURTNEY SOUTHWOOD, RDN, LDN - Pediatric Registered Dietician, Advocate Children's Hospital-Oak Lawn
• PATRICK TORTORICI, BS, NASM-CPT, NASM-CES - Personal Trainer, Right Fit Sport Fitness Wellness
• TIMOTHY WALL, MD - Pediatrician, Pediatric Health Associates
9:30 am - 10:30 am
Advocating for Change
• VINCENT BUFALINO, MD, FACP - Sr. Medical Director of Cardiology, Advocate Medical Group
• CAROLYN LOPEZ, MD, FAAFP - President, Chicago Board of Health
• ANN MARCHETTI, MS - Consulting Director, FORWARD
• REGINALD WASHINGTON, MD - Chief Medical Officer, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
10:30 am - 11:00 am
Biographies of the presenters can be found on this document.
Contact FORWARD at email@example.com or (630) 221-7146 with questions.
Generous support for the event was provided by:
Support for this initiative comes from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois through a grant from their Healthy Kids, Healthy Families initiative.