DuPage County Health Department, Environmental Health Program Fees
Click here for printable PDF
Food Service Fees
Two changes have been made affecting Annual Food Service Establishment Permits effective 12/1/2015.
The previous five risk categories of permit fees have been collapsed into three categories of annual food permits to be consistent with State of Illinois system. The three new Risk Categories are I, II or III.
The order of the risk type numbering system for annual food service has been reversed to be consistent with the State of Illinois. For example, a restaurant that was previously categorized by DuPage County as a Risk type 3, 4 or 5 may now be a Risk Category I under the State of Illinois definitions, based on complexity of operations or susceptible population served.
Annual Food Service Sanitation Permit
- The first figure is the annual fee. The second figure is the fee if not paid prior to the expiration date.
- Low Risk (Category3) - $228 ($285.00 with $57.00 late fee)
- Medium (Category 2) - $508 ($635.00 with $127.00 late fee)
- High Risk (Category 1) - $812 ($1015.00 with $203.00 late fee)
- Milk Only Permit for Schools - $76 ($95.00 with $19.00 late fee)
- Conditional Permit (Valid for 90 days) - $213.00
- Re-opening Inspection of Closed Facility Due to Enforcement Action - $198.00
- Food Establishment Follow-up Inspection - $51.00
Annual Mobile Vendor Permit
Effective 2016, Annual MV Permits will be valid from 7/31/16 -5/31/17 a pro-rated renewal fee will be charged; thereafter the renewal fee above will apply for an operating period from 6/1 to 5/31, every 12 months.
The first figure is the annual fee. The second figure is a late fee received after July 31.
- Low Risk (Type 1A) - $152 ($190.00 with $38.00 late fee)
- Medium Risk (Type 2A) - $330 ($412.50 with $82.50 late fee)
- High Risk (Type 3A) - $406 ($507.50 with $101.50 late fee)
- Mobile Food Vendor Plan Review for a new high risk vendor - $202
Temporary Food Stands or Booth Permit
The first figure is the event fee. The second figure is the fee if the permit is not obtained at least 10 days before the event start date. A single operator at any one event with multiple food stands is charged per booth.
- Low Risk (Type 1B) - $61 ($76.25 with $15.25 late fee)
- Medium Risk (Type 2B) - $122 ($152.50 with $30.50 late fee)
- High Risk (Type 3B) - $198 ($247.50 with $49.50 late fee)
- Multi Location Low Risk - $279 ($348.75 with $69.75 late fee)
- Multi Location Medium Risk - $508 ($635.00 with $127.00 late fee)
- Multi Location High Risk - $888 ($1110.00 with $222.00 late fee)
- Market Vendor - $381 ($476.25 with $95.25 late fee) – All-season, three-or-more locations otherwise can pay the multiple individual event temporary permit fees according to risk type, whichever is less.
Plan Review Service - Food Service
- Consultation Inspection - $210
- Type I Plan Review - $203 minor equipment addition at an existing operating establishment
- Type II Plan Review - $508 remodel of an existing operating establishment
- Type III Plan Review - $812 standard fee for a new food service establishment plan review
- Priority Plan Review - $812 (completed in three business days; in addition to applicable fee). Must be pre-approved by Plan Review Office prior to fee payment.
- Plan Review Re-submittal Fee - $254 (fee assessed at 3rd and subsequent re-submittals)
Water Sample Analysis
- Water analysis for coliform - $25
- Water sample nitrate screen - $10
- Quantitative nitrate - $25
- ·Quantitative nitrite - $25
- Hardness - $20
- pH - $20
- Water sample quantitative coliform - $30
- Water sample fecal coliform - $30
Private Water Supply Fees
- Water well construction and installation permit - $279
- Variance request review fee - $228
- Permit to seal a well - $127
- Supplemental well conversion inspection - $102
- Annual Non-community water system permit - $208
Private Sewage Disposal Fees
- Private sewage disposal system permit and plan review - $508
- Variance request review - $228
- Private sewage disposal system renovation permit - $254
- Annual surface discharge Operating Permit - $102
- Priority plan review - $457
- Plan review re-submittal - $102
- New well and septic permit combined - $787
Well and Septic Evaluation Fees
- Well and septic evaluation - $279
- Well evaluation only - $228
- Septic evaluation only - $254
Building and Development
- Site evaluation – Type I - $127
- Site evaluation – Type II - $208
Spa Pools, Swimming Pools and Water Slide Fees
- Annual public spa, pool or water slide annual permit - $259 ($323.58 with $64.58 late fee)
- Conditional permit swimming facility - $213 ($266.25 with $53.25 late fee)